Gearing Up for Innovation Nation
The district-wide Innovation Nation STEM festival is only one month away and we’re starting to gear up.
You’ll be hearing more and more about the Innovation Nation as it gets closer.
I’ve got some great news to share with you about the events taking place on May 14th.
- Currently we have fifteen (15) outside presenters confirmed with a half-dozen others tentatively confirmed. See the poster below to see some of the people coming. We will also have 15 WUSD interactive student presentations.
- Cradleboard Elementary has donated STEM-related prizes to be used for student prizes during Innovation Nation. Thank-you Mr. Tom Shafer.
- The WMAT Education Department JOM program has come through with 100 Papa John’s Pizzas for the winners of the Innovation Nation Contest held at each school.
- The John Hopkins NARCH Youth fund has come through with $900 in student incentives which we plan to use to purchase:
- $20 Walmart Gift Cards for the teachers whose classes win the school contest and participate in Innovation Nation. To be used for classroom supplies
- STEM-related prizes for students to award the winners of the two engineering/math challenge contests that we hold during the Innovation Nation Event.
- STEM-related raffle prizes to be raffled off every thirty minutes starting at 2:30. All these prizes are geared towards children.
It would be great if we can encourage as many students to be there as possible. We’ve been blessed with lots of student incentives and we would love to have lots of student participation.
Here’s what the tentative schedule will look like on May 14th.
Posted on April 11, 2014, in All Posts, Engineering, High School, Junior High, Mobile Technology, Problem-Based Learning, Science, STEM, Technology, Uncategorized and tagged Innovation Nation, STEM, STEM Festival, WUSD. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.